Historic Town full of Southern Charm!
The historic center and County Seat of Cherokee County, the city of Canton is full of small-town charm with all the city conveniences. This area has been coined, “Where the Metro meets the mountains” for good reason, Canton is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains with the beautiful Etowah River running through its center. It is quickly becoming the county’s medical center with the new state-of-the-art Northside Hospital Cherokee and tons of satellite medical office parks being constructed. Downtown has undergone a major renaissance in the last decade from a manufacturing mill town to a lively town square with unique locally owned shops and sought-after restaurants.
From historic homes and buildings converted for modern living, established neighborhoods with large lots, family communities with loads of amenities and new construction for the 55+, you will find plenty of distinguished properties in Canton, Georgia.
Connect to Nature & Culture!
Canton’s proximity to Atlanta with access to major interstates and highway, there are unlimited possibilities for access to work and play here. Drive to the “big city” for a sporting event or head north on Highway 575 to the Blue Ridge Mountains to apple pick, antique, or simply enjoy the beautiful fall foliage. The Etowah River offers paddle boarding and canoeing with loads of trails.
- Historic Canton Theater
- Etowah River Greenway- boat launch and hiking trails
- Cherokee County Senior Center
- Historic Crescent Farm- Cherokee County Historical Society
- Canton Marketplace with Target, Kohl’s, Lowe’s and OPENING SOON the Canton Exchange with Hobby Lobby as its anchor.
- Premiere restaurants: Downtown Kitchen, Goin’ Coastal Seafood and NEW Queenie’s Southern Kitchen
Canton's Awesome Events!
Everything from a chili cook-off to parades, Canton’s alive with alive with family events, festivals, farmer’s markets, art and music.
There’s always something to do in Canton!
- Farmer’s Markets Downtown (May – October)
- First Fridays (April- October) Historic Canton Loop’s monthly events with food and vendors
- Art & Wine Walk
- Cherokee Indian Festival Pow-Wow- Mother’s Day weekend in Boling Park
- Canton Festival of the Arts at the Cherokee Arts Center
- 4th of July Parade and Fireworks
- Memorial Day Ceremony and Veteran’s Day Program
- Popular RiverFest every Fall presented by the Cherokee Service League
- Etowah River Park and Amphitheater
- Community Tree Lighting and Christmas Parade
Canton is sought-after by Buyers for its proximity to Atlanta, historic charm, natural features, and school system. Find out how much your Canton home is worth FREE!
Listings on this website come from the FMLS IDX Compilation and may be held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please go to the following link to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request: https://www.fmls.com/dmca.htm. ©  FMLS.
Updated: 21st September, 2019 5:29 PM.